Home Page

Quick Links

CEOP Prospectus Term Dates

Winning House Team

Winning House Team



How do I enrol my child at South Milford Primary School?


Children who will be 4 years of age at the start of the academic year need to register for a school place.  Applications for places are handled by North Yorkshire Local Authority and should be undertaken through the admissions website.


For school admissions information and access to an electronic application form, please use this link to visit the School Admissions page of the North Yorkshire County Council website.


Children transitioning into Secondary School will receive information from the local authority about secondary place preferences during the Autumn Term. Secondary places are allocated in January.


Moving schools mid year


If you are moving your child to a new school during the academic year then you will be asked to complete a NYCC mid year transfer form . New families are welcome to come and have a look around the school, please contact the school for more information and or make an appointment with the school office.


South Milford Primary School has a maximum admission number of 30 children per year. That means we can have a maximum of 30 children per year group.

If you wish your child to transfer to this school please contact North Yorkshire’s Local Education Office at Harrogate and complete the relevant transfer forms. It is not normal practice for a child to start at South Milford Primary School until approval has been obtained from the Local Education Office. Applications can be completed on line at:



Jesmond House

31/33 Victoria Avenue



01609 533679


Please read our updated vision